Uintah Fire District is urging all to make safety a priority with the heavy snowfall and cold temperatures. The announcement from District Director Jeremy Raymond shares the following: Make sure you have working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in your home or business. If you are having electrical problems, contact a qualified electrician. If a breaker continues to trip, have it professionally checked. Gas lines and gas meters need to be clear from snow and ice. If you have lines on rooftops, inspect them. Be safe when you are on the roof. If you smell or suspect a gas leak, call 911. Fire hydrants need to have a 3-foot clearance. Be careful not to pile snow on top of hydrants. Heat lamps and other heating devices need to be securely fastened when they are around pets and livestock. Chimneys need to be inspected, clean, and free of any creosote buildup. If you have questions, call the Uintah Fire District at 435-781-6755.