Sweetwater County Family Lucky To Be Alive After Carbon Monoxide Scare

by | Mar 24, 2023 | News | 0 comments

A Sweetwater County family in Wyoming is lucky to be alive after a serious scare with a Carbon Monoxide leak. The Eastman family of five was at home in the early morning hours when Matt Eastman witnessed his wife and 8-year-old collapse. He called emergency services and while on the phone he lost consciousness as well. “Help arrived quickly and discovered the Carbon Monoxide levels in the house were extremely high and the family was rushed to the hospital. After being stabilized by oxygen, it was determined they would need to be transported to Utah to be treated in a hyperbaric chamber. Because of the amount of oxygen needed, they all needed separate transportation. Steph and Reese were taken in separate ambulances. Matt, Kaden and Maizee were transported by air, all separately. The treatment was successful and they will make a full recovery.” The Eastmans are grateful for the rapid emergency response. All are encouraged to double check their Carbon Monoxide alarms! For those wishing to help, a GoFundMe account under the name ‘Eastman Family Emergency Fund’ has been created to help the family with the medical bills.  

Link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/eastman-family-emergency-fund 

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to content